What specific details stay in your mind? Why? How do these small details lead to larger ideas?
Some specific details that stick in my mind is from the beginning of the passage where Rick Bass vividly describes the wolves tearing apart a carcass; how the blood seeps into the snow and they leave nothing behind after them. I believe this stays in my mind because the visualization that given drew me in and I was able to picture everything and i relate well with visuals. However, these small details lead to something greater. As the passage continues, a conflict is revealed between the wolves and the humans. Some human portray the wolves as wild beasts who are just going to destroy their livelihood while others feel that it is wrong to push these wolves out of there natural wildlife. Rick explores both sides of the controversy and from my interpretation of the story, i would say that he sides with the idea of reintroducing wolves to the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you on Bass's stance. I also agree that the details presented in this piece paint a vivid picture in the mind of the reader and allow them to see into the lives of the wolves which forces compassion.
ReplyDelete