I feel as if the poetry that is dotted through the piece is an example of abstract ideas. One example is from page 575...
Voice above,
Voice of thunder,
Speak from the
dark of clouds;
Voice below,
Grasshopper voice,
Speak from the
green of plants;
So may the earth
be beautiful.
I think that this is abstract ideas because it is suggesting that the sky and creatures are talking to you. That these are the things that make the world beautiful.
I think that the first paragraph on the other hand is more on the concrete side of thinking because it is very descriptive.
The sun is a dull white disk, low in the south...
...Silently the man fits an arrow to a bow, draws aim, and shoots...
I believe that these are examples of concrete language because they are telling you exactly how something is. There is no need to "read between the lines" to figure out what is meant to be said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you on the abstract qualities of the It really represents a different form of thinking and when juxtaposed with the prose can have the effect of an entirely different language. Good job!
ReplyDelete